New versions of XMPP clients for Apple’s mobile and desktop platforms have been released. The biggest change is introduction of XMPP MIX - the modern way of chatting in groups (if you are looking for a server where you can use this new feature be sure to check our xmpp.cloud installation). It also significantly improves on audio/video calls.
- Added support for XEP-0369: Mediated Information eXchange (MIX) - significant improvement over group chats offered by MUC - less traffic and better delivery
- Improved VoIP connectivity by adding XEP-0353: Jingle Message Initiation (now compatible with Jingle Message Initiation used by Conversations)
- Added support for XEP-0308: Last Message Correction - editing sent message (relies on client compatibility)
- Added support for XEP-0424: Message Retraction - deleting sent messages (relies on client compatibility)
- Added support for quick replies - quoting messages to improve conversation flow
- Added support for XEP-0158: CAPTCHA Forms: Extended In-Band Registration - some server may ask for additional information or verification during registration - with this feature it’s possible to sign up with those servers as well
- Redesigned channel joining UI
- Optimized resource usage during the establishment of VoIP calls and improved quality of VoIP calls
- Improved Markdown support
- Improved message synchronization speed, reliability and add support for MAM version 2 (XEP-0313: Message Archive Management)
- Started using MAM for MUC history synchronization on rejoin (if possible)
- Improved support for CAPS (feature discovery)
- New chats list view with a single section for 1-1 chats and group chats
- Added a way to join hidden MUC rooms
- Fixed issue with avatars in group chats not being properly displayed.
- Added workaround for possible issue with message archive synchronization if server does not send
- Fixed issue with channel info refresh
MIX / group chat creation streamlined
Better VoIP connectivity
Message Correction, Retraction and quick replies
- Adjusted font size in chat history (message text is slightly bigger)
- Improved support for XMPP URI
- Improved behaviour of service discovery window (indentation of items, scrolling)
- Improved handling of responses for
<iq/>requests which should fix some OMEMO key publication issues.
- Improved message text selection
- Remembers size of chats/roster windows
- Improved auto-completion of nicknames.
- Stopped downloading link previews if message with that link was received from someone outside of roster.
- Fixed issue with respecting global settings for Allow subscription and Request subscription
- Fixed Typo in Authorization menu
- Fixed issue with not showing notifications for incoming groupchat messages containing keywords
- Improved scrolling behavior (scrolling to found or first unread message, scrolling on the opening of a chat and concurrency issue)
- Fixed an issue with a chat message not being resized properly when window size was changed.
- Fixed issue with text color in chat history
- Fixed issue with invisible selection in the search dialog
- Added possible workaround for crashes when preview is for a movie
- Fixed crash when the server is not sending Content-Length for uploaded files.
- Fixed issues with compilation on XCode 12
- Improved layout in chat logs (internal change)
- Improved detection of server features and prompting to enable them in SiskinIM
- Added request for background fetch on push notification and fixed crashes when push notification is tapped just after it is displayed (#siskinim-205, #siskinim-206)
- Fixed issue with using wrong speaker during the VoIP call (#siskinim-211)
- Added warning when access to microphone or camera is not granted during initialization of a video call (#siskinim-213)
- Improved account removal mechanism (#siskinim-199)
- Improved look of the QR codes (#siskinim-195)
- Fixed an issue with not dismissing room creation view after room is created (#siskinim-230)
Fixed an issue with encrypting files with AESGCM send to MUC rooms when default encryption is set to OMEMO (#siskinim-237)
Join the discussion
You can discuss all-things-Tigase (including our client apps) on our groupchat: firstname.lastname@example.org